Punching out tabs in thin metal

That is exactly what I need now. If they do the laser cutting, I can easily raise the tabs up to vertical. Every credit to German industry because trying to find someone to do it in UK was a futile task. Seems the UK has pretty much given up on metal bashing these days. Many thanks

Reply to
Vet Tech

It depends where you are. I worked in the Acorn Centre for a year or so, and if you rotate the view around, every building is a 'proper' business. Some of them are car related, but there are at least two metalworkers along here, including the 'TPSM' on the corner, which works sheet metal. At the far end on the left corner of Roebuck Road used to be Gould/Advance oscilloscopes. At the end of Fowler Road is a large glass/window business.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6071353,0.1197808,3a,90y,64.33h,83.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saTP3aIrQMPumY2SaJPtVaQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu The council doesn't like the pavement parking, but if they enforce the law, the businesses relocate elsewhere. There's no proper parking nearby.

Unfortunately the metal companies here aren't too useful for electronic panels, so we have them made by a company in Basildon. Basildon consists almost entirely of industrial estates. There is plenty of manufacturing going on the the UK for other businesses, just very little domestic manufacture. I once estimated that the government takes half of what we sell things for, in one tax or another. The UK can't compete with the Far East on that basis.

Reply to
Joe

Shoot them an email with a sketch, dimensions, and *tolerances*: "this hole no bigger than 3mm" or "no smaller than 3 mm" is enough to tell the CAD guy to run the laser on the inside or outside of the line, as it were. And let them bend the edges. ISTR their standard material is 1,5 mm stainless, factory finish (not brushed, not polished, just utilitarian).

Also, both "one dozen, please" and "one thousand, please, and price quote on ten thousand" is all in a day's work for them, as is international shipping.

(Let me know if it works out! My email works, just remove the invalid part.)

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

I have sent an email off to Mono........

Can't figure out how to view your email address so that I can remove the redundant characters.

Also, I do like the idea of the piercing saw as a means of making a circular hole into a rectangle

Reply to
Vet Tech

Because you're using google groups

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thomas Prufer snipped-for-privacy@mnet-online.de.invalid>

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

There is a search engine, which maps <MID> to original message.

Google Groups may have an "original message" option in one of the menus. If it no longer does, you may not have access to the <MID> or MessageID.

The server is at:

and a sample message from Thomas is here. You should be able to see the <MID> field in the header of the message.

As well as his email address (where the invalid part does not belong).

There is even a Reply-To: field to be seen in the message, as inspiration.

The sample message on that web page, shows you what we can see out here (USENET people).

Paul

Reply to
Paul