Protecting a concrete floor.

I am having a new kitchen fitted, but intend to remove the tiled floor exposing the concrete base before the new kitchen fitting starts. The tiles do appear to come away quite cleanly from the floor leaving the concrete quite flat and untouched.

As the kitchen will need to be used before fitting, during fitting and until SWMBO decides on a new flooring, can I seal the exposed concrete floor to stop dust getting throughout the house AND maintain a suitable surface to take new floor tiles. Would plain old concrete sealer be OK, how about diluted PVA ?

Reply to
Ian_m

The message from "Ian_m" contains these words:

Dilute PVA would be fine - but don't put it on too thick or it may interfere with tile glue later - though I haven't heard of such happening.

Reply to
Guy King

Just been to B&Q and I think PVA will win on price as well ie couple of quid compared to £20 for concrete sealer.

Reply to
Ian_m

PVA can make a slippery surface and stops tile adhesive sticking, made that mistake myself. If its only short term you shouldnt need to seal the crete, or is it disintegrating?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes and yes.

Both are cheaper than concrete paint, which works well for ages.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No its not disintegrating, its just that there may be a space of many weeks/months after the kitchen is fitted before suitable flooring will be chosen and fitted.

Reply to
Ian_m

The message from "Ian_m" contains these words:

Get some very cheap vinyl. Or perhaps a tenner's worth of hardboard.

Reply to
Guy King

Now thats a good idea.....

Reply to