Pressurised Heating - using rust inhibitor

I have a pressurised (and sealed) central heating system.

I need to remove a radiator upstairs, and this will require draining the entire system upstairs. (Drain valve above boilder in kitchen will be used)

However, when the job is finished I do not really want to use just mains water to top it up as surely this will rust the system? So I guess I need to introduce some rust-inhibitor to the system.

I have no manual (or skills/knowledge) - so was wondering:-

- What product to use

- how much to use

- How to introduce it!

I had a new tank installed by a *cough* professional last year who did the similar drain, but didn't introduce anything (so down 50% on anything that was there anyway).

House is typical new small 3-bed semi

Many thanks indeed!

Reply to
RJ

I introduced mine into my sealed system by pouring it into the top of my newly fitted towel rad. This was dead easy and involved no mess at all. If you dont have a towel rad... fit one they are great :o)

Reply to
Cuprager

See FAQ below. Inhibitor is not costly relative to other CH bits. You ought to be able to get away with a depressuring, and drain just the one radiator, the dilution of the inhibitor would then be fairly small.

Reply to
Ed Sirett