Pressure washers - the US <-> UK inequality

Another example of rip-off britain...

250 quid for a Honda 2600PSI / 180 bar washer? We cant even buy that kinda spec over here outside of the "professional" market (grand plus). I've used that one and its an awsome machine. I'd have no objection to spending 300 quid on a HQ machine if I could find one.

About the closest thing over here is a Gen-U-ine Hundah off of ebay.

I've looked into shipping one but it costs more than the machine :-(

gj England.

Reply to
Jimbob

As you should be well aware we are living in the 51st state of the usa and as such if its $50 we pay £50

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I had the advantage to actually go in one of the trade warehouses in the states. Jesus christ!!! Talk about wanting to be indepedant. Generators etc.....tools ...wow!!!

Reply to
Darren

Hi Jimbob

Petrol (or Gasoline) pressure washers dominate the USA market, mainly because of their crappy 115v power system. Lucky to run a 1:4kw induction motor on that supply. We can comfortably run 2:9kw over here.

To be fair, most washers over there use the Honda GC series engine & most here use the GX series, but that still don't explain the difference.

The engines alone cost more over here.

Without doubt a price fixing ring going on.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

This is somewhat true. (but also somewhat of an exaggeration)

The argument most heard for the petrol units is portability. I feel the lack of noise and never running out of fuel are two big advantages of electric.

All US homes wired in the last 65 years have at least one 20 amp appliance circuit that can provide 2.4kw. They also have 240V available at the main panel (consumer unit) so fitting a new circuit with a 240V receptacle for large power tools is a straightforward project.

I use a 6.9kw electric pressure washer around the house.

I don't have electricity available I drag out my generator

nicely runs the pressure washer.

Remove SPAMX from email address

Reply to
Jim Michaels

has more upscale units and will ship internationally. Remove SPAMX from email address

Reply to
Jim Michaels