Pressure Loss In Sealed CH

I seem to have a small leak in my sealed CH system. The pressure i

reducing slowly over time and I've investigated all the pipework tha is accessible and can't find any leaks. I was thinking of putting i some Leak sealer into the system and was wondering has anybody ou there had any experience with this stuff and if it does exactly what i says an the tube?

-- Fatboise

Reply to
Fatboise

How often do you have to top up? Before going the leak sealer route, I would wait until the heating is off (now?), and then use the filling loop to raise the cold pressure to whatever the max hot pressure gets to (2 bar perhaps?). Then go round checking all the joins, bleeding keys, blanking plugs, valves, etc for moisture. When the system is hot, the moisture can often evaporate before it's noticable. Buy raising the pressure to the same level when it's cold, you might find the leak more easily.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) wrote in news:44534970$0$656 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.aaisp.net.uk:

Look for scale/crustiness around any lockshield valves, as this is often a good sign of leaking. You can also peel back the carpet around radiator pipes and see if the underlay is stained, as this usually seems to happen.

Also check the safety pressure release... there is usually a small outlet pipe on the outside wall where the boiler is. If it is dripping that's your leak. Apparently they are quite prone to it.

Reply to
John Carlyle-Clarke

Reply to
Keith D