Powercraft/Wolf 720 watt generator fault

The type of help you usually get from those places is, "Take it to your Powercraft dealer/repair centre." I've not noticed many of those about though.

I couldn't see where the manuals were on their website, assuming I was on the correct one. I have a users manual of the type that says, "pull the string to start it," and not much else.
curls wrote:

Manuals for some of their product are here http://www.omegawolf.co.uk/powercraft / Bob

while the generator is running.
cheers, Pete.
curls;1339385 Wrote: > I'm expecting cries of "bin it" but it's worth a try.

> watt drill in, it might turn

> erratic - guessing the speeds of

> slowly.

> maybe change the capacitor, but

> that could be the problem.

> faulty, in the hope I could make a

> they are sufficiently different

> genny's :)
Hi Curls
I had the same problem, changed diodes etc and checked continuity on the windings etc, after some more probing i changed the capacitor (8uF 440v) and hey presto the genarator is working again, I got the new capacitor from Maplin Electronics http://www.maplin.co.uk /, Order no: Motor run 440V 8uF RG64U at 3.43
The 2 diodes on the armature are hidden behind the resistior and are 1n5408 types that can be bought from Mode components for a very reasonable price http://www.modecomponents.co.uk/
Hope this helps with your repair and gets you going if its not allready fixed and helps someone in the future to repair there genarator also
Chris
--
Chris R

replying to curls, Generator Guru Ltd. wrote:

slowly.

the
It sounds like the capacitor is faulty. Replacing the capacitor should fix your problem. If you need spares for Powercraft Generators we have them in stock. We are also happy to advise you on fault finding and repairing if you need it. To purchase parts please see our website. http://generatorguru.com/categories/Make-%26-Model/Powercraft /
On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 1:44:03 PM UTC, Generator Guru Ltd. wrote:

spam spam spam spam
wonderful spam wonderful spam
On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 13:44:01 +0000, Generator Guru Ltd.

Subject: Powercraft/Wolf 720 watt generator fault Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:07:59 +0100
One has to admire your stellar customer service and speed of response, it only took you 7 years to reply. Goodness knows how long it would take to get the spares off the shelf, 10 years at least at that rate.