Power supply for single oven

It could, but in practice, in any normal domestic kitchen, it won't. The current needed for rapid tripping is 1.45*In - ~46 A for a 32 A device. That's a load of over 11 kVA (assuming 240 actual volts).

Reply to
Andy Wade

What's the deal with these, then?

Manufacturer spec sheet (updated Nov 2012) also claiming ASTA certified

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have those exact Bussmann fuses, in every value on that datasheet. The 1A ones are not ASTA certified (all the others are). They never are from any other manufacturer either (although I don't currently have any from any other manufacturer).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

That certainly used to be the case - they contained no sand - but it does look as if they are approved now.

I'm not sure there is any other UK OEM of BS 162 fuses left now. There might be one or two Far-Eastern sources with genuine certification. (And at least one importer of non-compliant product with fake certification.)

CE mark? - certainly sir, it stands for /caveat emptor/.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Oops, where did that 3 go?

Reply to
Andy Wade

Mobile phone company used it.

Reply to
ARW

Probably the red printing - makes it harder to read ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm