Power Flushing CH system

I'm going to power flush the CH system next week. Cleaning agent gone in today.

The system has a one year old condensing boiler, and is a conventional 3 port valve job for CH and hot water cylinder. There is a roomstat and all except one of the radiators has a thermostatic valve. The original system was installed in the late sixties.

I've never done this before - any general advice?

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

What was the reason you decided to do this? It should have been done when the boiler went in anyway, and I wouldn't expect it to be required only a year later.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in

Yes - it was done when the boiler was fitted. Recently as part of a kitchen/diner refurbishment I have removed some radiators and added some pipework for some new radiators. During this I found some rusty sluge in the return pipe...

I decided to redo the power flush, after a weeks worth of cleaning agent.

I thought it would be worth doing before I put in the new radiators. The local plumbers shop has a Huntingdon Easy Flush that they hire out.

Many thanks for your help, Roy

Reply to
RzB

CH systems can and do operate successfully for years with a little debris floating around. Obviously debris is not a good thing and without seeing just how much debris there was it's hard to tell if this work is needed or not. Nevetheless if the systemn ws cleaned out last year and inhibitor added there should, in principle, be no call for cleaning it now.

Reply to
Ed Sirett