Potterton Suprima 50 heating on when hot water is on.

Hi,

Just recently I've noticed that when the hot water is on, the rads are getting hot even though the heating is turned off at the timer. I've recently done the PCB replacement on the boiler due to the infamous reset problem. I'm wondering if its the PCB causing the heating to be on or if its more likely to be something else?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Rgds,

CK.

Reply to
Commander Koenig

Sticking HW / CH valve maybe?

Or, I had a similar problem with my (new) boiler which i eventually traced back to the junction box / wiring centre. It turned out that some of the cables had been poorly terminated, and some connections were shorting across each other. Tidying up the wiring sorted it out.

Naturally I didn't read about the infamous Potterton Suprima PCB problems until *after* it was fitted. So now I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Packer