potterton neataheat 10/16

I have a very old boiler and the air pressure switch has stopped working. British gas has said the part - no 64220403 has been obsolete for some years. I have tried several major suppliers with no success. Has anybody got a good supplier who might have this..

Reply to
robby

I have a very old boiler and the air pressure switch has stopped working. British gas has said the part - no 64220403 has been obsolete for some years. I have tried several major suppliers with no success. Has anybody got a good supplier who might have this..

Reply to
robby

Is there room to use a different make of pressure switch connected by some sort of adaptor?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Ebay is your best bet.

How certain are you its the air switch? If you bypass the switch, does the burner come on?

A gentle hint: This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website:

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context.

Reply to
Fredxx

I dare say that any number of pressure switches would work, especially if they were adjustable to the correct pressure. I suspect though that the issue is that it?s got to be a manufacturer approved part if you ever want profession servicing (and maybe valid house insurance).

Looking at the crazy prices on eBay for second hand pressure switches for that boiler I would guess that it *has* to be the ?right? one.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I had the same problem with this boiler. I replaced it with a generic switch set to the same pressure but it needed a bracket made up to mount it. The exact replacement went OOS years ago. I then inherited the correct part recently fittted to my neighbor's scrapped boiler so it could be returned to the pattern part.

Unfortunately both were scrapped last year.

Beware - this boiler has a positive case pressure (ie the fan is on the aire inlet). Negative case pressure is the norm now. Be *very* careful about the condition of the case seals and any fittings that could breach the case. There have been deaths from CO poisoning from leaky case seals on this unit.

Otherwise a good unit that lasted 25 years with minimal maintenance.

Chris K

Tim+ wrote:

Reply to
ChrisK

On mine, where the plastic tube to the pressure switch goes through a panel there is a join in the tube. The joiner looks like brass and has only a pinhole to transmit the pressure. It gets blocked up about every

7 years.
Reply to
Mike