Portland cement

That entirely depends on local hunmidity.
I had a bag I got this summer for some odd jobs. Left outside in the old landrover.
The outside and top had caked, but inside it was still powdery. It set Ok when I had to put in two half bricks to tidy up some decorative brickwork.
If you seal it against moisture,. it lasts forever. If it gets rained on, its a solid lump the next day ;-)
If its still powdery, its OK.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Hah! yes sorry forgot to mention the bag has been kept inside with a relatively good warmish condition.
Just checked, it has gone a bit hard on top.
Reply to
George
messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@proxy01.news.clara.net...
From my experience if it's still powdery (like new cement) then it works fine. ..but I maybe wouldnt' use it on something critical if it's a mix of powder and clumps.
Reply to
adder1969
But powder and clumps is fine for rough concrete, especially if you have a mixer and mill it a bit with dry aggregate
Reply to
newshound

Site Timeline Threads