Polystyrene Coving ,,,

Regarding the cheap'n'nasty expanded polystyrene stuff, I agree. But the paper-faced extruded foam core coving is much easier to install, and indistinguishable from the plaster coving.

Andy Burns

I've got quite a bit of artificial 'ornate' Victorian style coving. Unless you could actually prod it, you'd be hard pressed to tell it from genuine plaster. Except that it's a relatively easy DIY job to install. Not exactly cheap, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Electric knife. (Stolen/borrowed from the kitchen) But nothing is as good as hot wire.

Reply to
harry

You can heat the knife as long as the handle is well insulated.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It was, but funnily enough, it was asked in another group not that long ago. its not a sane reader we need but a sane portal on that particular system. Any news portal should make it easy to screen out old posts. One thing that I was going to ask though, what is the current fire status of modern polystyrene tiles and coving. I seem to recall that its high melt temperature made it spread any fire faster and the fumes were dangerous. I still have a lot of this in my house which has just been cleaned and painted every few years. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I'm surprised that this stuff has not been banned. Polystyrene tiles are a no no as they drip on you in a fire, what's so different about the same material at the edge of the ceiling?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I'm not sure what it's made from. Certainly not that lighweight polystyrene cheap ceiling tiles are made from. The outer skin is as smooth as plaster.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

En el artículo , Andrew Mawson escribió:

it drips down the walls instead?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson