Plumbing with chrome pipe

I think so, less skilled and faster = cheaper to install. They couldn't care less what happens in 10+ years time.

BTW pushfit and plastic don't have to go together. I have occasionally used plastic with compression fittings, and that works well. A case I can think of was routing some pipes through an airing cupboard past the hot water cyclinder, which was only expected to be there a couple of years before being ripped out (and it's being ripped out tomorrow).

Beacause push-fit is seen as a low-skill operation, it's often done by people with no skills at all, and you see pipes pulling on fittings at the wrong angles, fittings supporting the pipes, and all sorts of other horrors which shorten the life even more.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

There are also crimp-fit plastic fittings which should have the advantage of long hidden runs within walls/floors from coils of pipe, without O-rings and metal inserts to give nasty surprises a decade or two down the line ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

You can get crimp fit copper as well now...

Reply to
John Rumm

For short lengths I tend to buy 2 or 3m straight lengths rather than the coils. Much easier to work with IME.

Reply to
John Rumm