Plumbing : knocking pipes

I have a problem with the pipes in my house making a god-awful noise.

From a dull groan to a very loud banging. If you run the either cold

tap in the bathroom for a second, then it stops but will often come back minutes later). There is also a delay on the sink cold tap.

I have sold the house but don't really want to leave this problem for the new owners - any ideas?

Bitstreams

I had banging pipes when I turned the cold water on and off. I managed to cure it by either closing the main stop c*ck by a quarter of a turn or increasing by the same. This seemed to alter the flow and the pipes no longer banged. Worth a go.

R.

Reply to
Red