Plug in Timer - Thermostatic?

Is there such a thing as a timer (for a heater to plug into) that has some sort of thermostat?

I have a fan heater, and want it to kick in when needed (the fan heater only has on/off) control)

Reply to
David P

It would probably be the same price to go and buy a new fan heater with a built in thermostat..

tarquinlinbin

Peter Andrews

Think carefully about timed (or even thermostatic) control of a portable heater. People can all too easily place things on or too near to a heater when it's off, without thinking what will happen when it comes on automatically with no one nearby.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I don't know whether you can still get them, but I've had one for 15 or 20 years (I think with a Morphy Richards logo on it) which has a timer *and* a thermostat. You can set it for timer only, temperature control only, or both together (once you've remembered how to drive it! )

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Set Square)

A number of programmable thermostats have suitably rated contacts. Typically 10(2)A. Which would be sufficient for all except the most powerful heater.

One of these could with care be made to switch a dedicated socket.

However there is a serious hazard if the heater comes on unattended and is located in an unsuitable position.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I forgot about this post I started!

I got the plug un thermostat from TLC, works a treat.

Reply to
David P