Plastic filler (grout) round bath?

When I fitted the bath (mumble, mumble) years ago, I put a plastic filler round the seal tween wall and bath, over the years it changed colour which upset my wife, so she wanted it changed and as she now considered me to be a sandwich short of a picnic, she got my son-in-law to do it, now he is not to sure, when it comes to DIY, which end of a nail you put against the wood when want to bang it in.

So he cleaned the plastic filler off and replaced it, the new filler is now begining to come away from the bath, I seem to remember that when one uses this type of filler you are supposed to clean the bath an wall with something before putting on the new filler.

Am I right and what do you use to clean the wall and bath?

Alan

-- Reply to alan(at)windsor-berks(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Meths.

MM