Plastering a wall.

Hi. I have a hall, stairway and landing that has been artexed in the past. I would like to know what a professional plasterer would say is required to re-plaster the walls to a smooth finish. Cheers for all advice in advance.

Reply to
Bodysnatcher

Just some plaster and a few hours of his time...

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:02:31 +0000 (UTC), "Bodysnatcher" strung together this:

Well, I would assume a bucket, some plaster, water and a trowel, and probably some PVA.

Reply to
Lurch

Reply to
Bodysnatcher

Depending on the type of artex, you can use a paper scraper and remove it yourself.

Reply to
PhilÅ

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:26:58 +0000 (UTC), "Bodysnatcher" strung together this:

He could, depends on how sticky out it is, and how well adhered to the wall it is.

Reply to
Lurch

Float, not trowels. A few edging tools, and a plaster whisk. And a couple of hundred notes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Might, if he is a good one.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:07:03 +0000, The Natural Philosopher strung together this:

Intentional error!

And sandwiches, and copious amounts of coffee, (or tea if he's abnormal).

Reply to
Lurch

Trowel, not float :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

"Lurch" wrote | And sandwiches, and copious amounts of coffee, (or tea if | he's abnormal).

Is that a plasterer's thing? I had always assumed all tradespeople drank Builder's Tea and was quite surprised when some men doing a bit of internal concreting for me asked for coffee.

Next they'll be demanding Fig Rolls instead of Digestives.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:33:25 -0000, "Owain" strung together this:

Nope, it's a normal thing!

Coffee is a mans drink, tea is for girls.

I'll have anything with plain chocolate on ta!

Reply to
Lurch

Er What he's having cement rendered walls ?

Reply to
Mark

"Lurch" wrote | > I had always assumed all tradespeople drank | >Builder's Tea | Coffee is a mans drink, tea is for girls.

Tea is a man's drink too :-)

1659 the first advertisement for tea, printed by Thomas Garraway owner of the London coffeehouse Garraway's, claimed tea would not only, "...maketh the body active and lusty"

The Australalian army say it's better for you than coffee: Tea has one-third caffeine content of coffee and herbals teas have minimal caffeine, so these are better than coffee.

a cup of tea a day keeps Alzheimer's away

Owain

Apparently Karl Marx used to swear by herbal tea... something to do with proper tea being theft... ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm