Ping: Phil L, or someone else?

Hello Phil,

In reference to the garden steps where you were so kind to reply, I have now dug out the shape of the steps into the slope. Unfortunately there was a lot of builders rubble in the ground and this meant an uneven surface on the top few steps. How can I level this off prior to laying the sand/cement layer? Level with soil and compact? Level with sand? Or do I now need a hardcore layer? I am really loathe to purchase more materials!

Thanks,

Graham

Reply to
Graham Jones