Petrol strimmers

I've been through similar searches recently, and ended up with the Sovereign Brush Cutter from Homebase. Bought it on their recent 10% day for less than £90. Assembly instructions, whilst in English, could be better, and I've now added 2 washers (4mm total thickness) under the main (brush cutter blade) nut so that the split pin is doing something useful in the safety department. (No, there weren't any items left over after assembly.) It has a straight shaft, "bicycle handlebar" control, bevel gear at the business end, and comes with both brush cutter blade, and strimmer head. It's my first two stroke garden tool, so I'm unqualified to say how easy it is to start, but start it does, and biggest initial problem was measuring

5ml oil for the 1:40 oil:petrol mix for my 205ml trial fill. (Small 5ml syringe to the rescue.)

manual and brochure in English from the German website above.

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

Thanks, Malcolm, I'll have a search around for one.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Bugger, oh well, that's saved me the bother of making one.

Reply to
fred

My local dealer (Morris Bufton, Ludlow) Shropshire.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Hmm. Do they have a web site?

Even so, 2:1 difference in price seems very surprising....

Reply to
Andy Hall

A website? lol, they have only just come out of the dark age....

You need to actually visit the place, and speak with the 'Arkwright-esque' Mr Bufton Snr...

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..

Ah. Sounds like it would be worth the trip even if only for the experience. The fuel cost would wipe out any saving, but never mind. Does Mr Bufton wear a brown coat, greengrocer style.?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Never mind that, does he have a Hungarian asistant with a cloth?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And does he sell fork handles?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

... and 'ose?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes, the whole outfit!! (except the sun visor lid-less cap!)

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..

Screwfix are offering a Ryobi brushcutter/strimmer/hedgetrimmer fot =A3149

stollyman

That's a fair deal actually.

I paid about that for my Tanaka IIRC, and it hadn't go the extra attachments.

One thing to look out for, is that there is no way for nettle stalks to get behind the cutter head..these shred into a tough fibre like sisal.

DAMHIKT..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

matter much from any of their brands with the possible exception of some Milwaukee items.

Ryobi is a lower middle range product with not particularly good mechanics in general. This particular one is very heavy.

Reply to
Andy Hall