Permitted development, and a folly

OK, so under PD a garden outbuilding can have a maxiumum height to the eaves of 2.5 metres:

"Outbuildings and garages to be single storey with maximum eaves height of 2.5 metres and maximum overall height of four metres with a dual pitched roof or three metres for any other roof."

One of the diagrams in the Flash presentation shows a flat roofed building 2.5 metres high. If one were to add a parapet, with an internal gutter, where would the panel consider the "eaves" to be, for planning purposes?

What's in my friend's mind is a circular, stone-built outbuilding, with a flat roof at 2.5 metres, and a low parapet, with crenellations. Obviously it would be possible to access the roof of this single- storey building for inspection and maintenance purposes, in the course of which one would have quite a good view of the neighbouring countryside, whilst one ate one's sandwiches.

Would my friend be able to do this under PD, do we think?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster