pcb design?

Yes, its not particularly hard to get far higher densities than wirewrap. I know it was popular at one time, but AIUI it very much fell out of favour. Gastight connections seem to have been its one real plus.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You can do it with component legs and a verowire pen - this uses a poly film covered wire that you use like wirewrap but then solder - when you solder it evaporates the film at the point of contact.

Reply to
John Rumm

I used to have a blind friend that built his own computers, up to the

486 era and he very rarely made a mistake in wiring up the various busses and data pins. Hw must have had an amazing memory. Alas he died shortly after this from his diabtetese (sp)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In message , Clint Sharp writes

I have a C1000 which has stripped some teeth off a couple of cogs on the fuser unit. Of course, it was cheaper to buy a new printer than a new fuser unit, although, it was a good printer and I still have it

Reply to
geoff

In message , geoff writes

Hmm, try these guys, they used to be extremely good for printer bits. I also remember CPC as being Epson authorised spares suppliers.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

In message , Clint Sharp writes

Helps if you add the link eh?

Clint Sharp

In message , Clint Sharp writes

A new fuser unit cost more than the cost of a new C1100

Reply to
geoff

In message , geoff writes

Ahh, shame. They *used* to sell bits, even down to the gear wheels but I guess time moves on...

Reply to
Clint Sharp

for a double sided 100x160mm panel They ship from Bulgaria, but by most accounts provide good service (never used them personally - they also do lots of interesting and cheap microcontroller boards)

Last time I used Eagle (about 7 years ago) it was very quirky. They may have improved this now, I'm not sure, but I found searching their support newsgroup for help many times was the only way I could figure out how to do things.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos