painting in the rain

I have some dulux exterior paint, turps thinnable. If I use it today (when its not raining) and a shower comes on in the next hour will it ruin the paintwork, or just take longer to dry out?

[g]

(the scaffolders want the scaffold back, but I want to do another coat or 2 of paint first)

Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

A solvent-based paint should be just sufficiently set in an hour to withstand light rain.

Reply to
Bruce

If rain is comming in an hour the air and surface may be to damp to paint, different paints cure at different rates is yours dry to the touch in 1 hr, one hour is a bit short for me.

Reply to
ransley

Yes. If it rains in today's conditions, it might be brief but it'll be heavy.

Saturday is the next day I'd try painting.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

maybe, more likely not. do it anyway, sounds worth the gamble

NT

Reply to
NT

There are no grey clouds in sight, I've just done it, hoping the sun will dry it quickly...

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]