Paint tanalised soffit/joist?

I've been asked to put up some guttering on a warehouse conversion, which isnt a problem, though I do have a query - the construction is a brick wall, with a length of tanalised 4x2 wood sat on the top of the bricks, then a plywood roof nailed on top of that.

The plywood sheets only overhang the wall by a maximum of 50mm/2 inch,but problaby more like 35mm, so a plastic fascia attached over it would not really suit I think, as the guttering will stick too far out. I thought about a plastic capping on first, but am not too sure about that either - it could trap water, and lead to the wood deteorating faster than if left open.

My first thought was to screw the gutter fixings directly to the tanalised wood, but would like to know if it should be painted first?

I know tanalised should last a long time, but it doesnt seem right putting gutters straight onto new, albeit treated wood.

Any thoughts? Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee