OTish - computer soak testing ...

As close as I could get.

The orginals were 680 uF 4 V 105 C. I replaced 'em with 680 uF 10 V

105C (description said Panasonic and low ESR) but ther's no panasonic branding on them.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

electrolytics are such low tolerance anyway, it hardly matters.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Apple non-iOS HW has been Intel-based for yonks, they dropped PowerPC in the noughties.

Reply to
Rob Morley

You sure they weren't 40V and marked badly?

Reply to
Rob Morley

I thought that, you wouldn't want them on a 5V supply, they'd be OK on the newish standard of 3.3V that electronic stuff is using nowerdays.

Reply to
whisky-dave

electrolytics had

Absolutely sure. They were radila lead 8 mm dia 8 mm high.

Seven of them are around the CPU (Pentium 4, LGA775) on the outputs of seven 3.3 V to 1.5 V regulators. The processor lives off 1.5 V...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice