OT Whiskey

= "lively water" or "water of life".

As, of course, is Aqua Vitae, Eau de vie, Akvavit, and several other derivatives

Reply to
newshound

My preference is for the cheapest of the cheap mixed with Coke for a long drink or a decent Highland single malt, totally unadulterated for a proper drink.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

bettered and that coming from an Irish man as Ireland as we all know is where whiskey was invented

Islay whisky is totally _foul_. It tastes of freshly-cut bakelite (not that I eat or otherwise ingest bakelite, BYKWIM).

I still love bakelite as a material though...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

then how do you know what it tastes like?

Reply to
charles

Oh, come now; who amongst us here of a certain age didn't chew a bit of Bakelite as a child?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

bettered and that coming from an Irish man as Ireland as we all know is wh= ere whiskey was invented

You have no taste. Sir.

Reply to
Bolted