OT What's the opposite of 'no-brainer'?

I've just seen a sentence which talked about something being seen as a no-brainer when in fact it was complex.

In that case, why not just say 'simple' or 'obvious'?

Can anyone here explain please?

Is it just about the latest fashion-speak?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

|I've just seen a sentence which talked about something being seen as a |no-brainer when in fact it was complex. | |In that case, why not just say 'simple' or 'obvious'? | |Can anyone here explain please? | |Is it just about the latest fashion-speak?

Hawkingesque? Einsteinesque?

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

'no brainer' a decision or problem that you do not need to think about much because it is obvious what you should do

create your own opposites, they may well be 'no brainers' ps. putting 'no brainer' into google may have been a no brainer. | P

Reply to
Peter

Your questions are a no-brainer .....

Reply to
Fiery Jack

Rocket science.

Reply to
OxSc

|Mary Fisher wrote: |> I've just seen a sentence which talked about something being seen as a |> no-brainer when in fact it was complex. |> |> In that case, why not just say 'simple' or 'obvious'? |> |> Can anyone here explain please? |> |> Is it just about the latest fashion-speak? |> |> Mary |> |> |Rocket science.

I have never seen "Rocket science" on its own "Its not Rocket science" is the common phrase, which indicates something slightly harder than a no-brainer.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Perhaps the opposite of a no-brainer is a brain teaser?

Reply to
Roger Mills

I';ll assume that the combined experitise of this ng doesn't know.

And that the opposite of a no-brainer is a brainer.

I shan't be using either.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They would be if there were decisions to be made on them. But there aren't, so it's probably the wrong context here (which I'm sure you know).

-- JJ

Reply to
Jason

Since this is a DIY group, may I suggest the opposite of no-brainer (aka buy / do it !) is B&Q (aka DON'T do it)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Management speak, certainly not the latest, it's years and years old. Meaning something you don't have to think about before making a decision.

Opposite (in management speak) - challenging - meaning I haven't got the faintest idea what to do, but hopefully somewhere along the way somebody will figure something out.

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles

snip

Au contraire; the opposite of a 'no-brainer' is a 'head-scratcher'.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Rocket science, Mary.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You got the point, but not the humour. Chacun à son goût.

Reply to
OxSc

:-)

Mary