OT What's the opposite of 'no-brainer'?

I've just seen a sentence which talked about something being seen as a no-brainer when in fact it was complex.
In that case, why not just say 'simple' or 'obvious'?
Can anyone here explain please?
Is it just about the latest fashion-speak?
Mary
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:03:05 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
|I've just seen a sentence which talked about something being seen as a |no-brainer when in fact it was complex. | |In that case, why not just say 'simple' or 'obvious'? | |Can anyone here explain please? | |Is it just about the latest fashion-speak?
Hawkingesque? Einsteinesque?
--
Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk> Google Groups is IME the *worst*

'no brainer' a decision or problem that you do not need to think about much because it is obvious what you should do
create your own opposites, they may well be 'no brainers' ps. putting 'no brainer' into google may have been a no brainer. | P

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

Your questions are a no-brainer .....

They would be if there were decisions to be made on them. But there aren't, so it's probably the wrong context here (which I'm sure you know).
-- JJ
Mary Fisher wrote:

Rocket science.
|Mary Fisher wrote: |> I've just seen a sentence which talked about something being seen as a |> no-brainer when in fact it was complex. |> |> In that case, why not just say 'simple' or 'obvious'? |> |> Can anyone here explain please? |> |> Is it just about the latest fashion-speak? |> |> Mary |> |> |Rocket science.
I have never seen "Rocket science" on its own "Its not Rocket science" is the common phrase, which indicates something slightly harder than a no-brainer.
--
Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk> Google Groups is IME the *worst*
Dave Fawthrop wrote:

You got the point, but not the humour. Chacun son got.

Perhaps the opposite of a no-brainer is a brain teaser?
--
Cheers,
Roger

<sigh>
I';ll assume that the combined experitise of this ng doesn't know.
And that the opposite of a no-brainer is a brainer.
I shan't be using either.
Mary

snip
Au contraire; the opposite of a 'no-brainer' is a 'head-scratcher'.

--

Brian

Since this is a DIY group, may I suggest the opposite of no-brainer (aka buy / do it !) is B&Q (aka DON'T do it)
Mary Fisher wrote:

Management speak, certainly not the latest, it's years and years old. Meaning something you don't have to think about before making a decision.
Opposite (in management speak) - challenging - meaning I haven't got the faintest idea what to do, but hopefully somewhere along the way somebody will figure something out.
Biggles

:-)
Mary
Mary Fisher wrote: