OT What are they called - photography question

I'm looking for an open fronted fabric enclosure, used to diffuse light when photographing small objects. However, I don't seem to be able to find the right search engine term. Can anyone help?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Hi Colin

'light tent'

Various sizes, depending on what you're wanting to photograph. The better ones have clips/card or even cloth so you can do the 'infinity background' thing for arty photos!

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Thanks to both of you. Light tent brings up exactly what I am looking for.

Colin

Reply to
Nightjar

If you're shopping - then I found these people very helpful

bought one of their 'kits' with tent, 3xlamps, tripods etc - still a bit of a job to get decent photos of the stained glass and fused glass - but that's more the fault of the glass and my inexperience than the lighting kit!

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall