OT: Unicorns WTF

Today just as the ferry was about to enter Calais Port there was an announcement on the Tannoy: "A unicorn has been discovered in the passenger lounge, would the owner please come and collect it."

I also noticed that there seem to be a lot of potholes in the Channel. Has Kent Highways been asleep on the job?

Reply to
Tim Streater

More potholes than you realise. When the Dover-Calais land-bridge broke at the end of the last ice age and the sea level in the Channel was 300 ft lower than it is now, a truly massive wall of water rushed down the channel as the water behind it in Doggerland was released. This cataclysmic flood scoured what is now the sea bed, eroding it and forming deep channels and potholes

Chris Hogg

Yes well I knew that. Thass my point - Kent Highways has had 400,000 years to fix these damn potholes - we bumped into several today.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Unicorn? Is that some form of sex toy or perhaps a device for removing stones from between hens teeth? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I can't imagine what they might be referring to...... :-)

Reply to
newshound

Hello little girl, do you want to see my Unicorn Horn?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Take your pick.

harry

Also the national animal of Scotland .

In this case though I would hazard it is some kind of fluffy (plush toy) that belonged to a wee girl (or boy, musn't be genderist), and they had left it in the lounge.

Reply to
soup

Lost teddy gets fast-tracked home in time for Christmas

When Cath Mackay's five-year-old daughter Eva lost her teddy two days before Christmas, there were understandably quite a few tears.

On the train home from Edinburgh to Glasgow, Eva realised Frankfurter was missing from her bag.

In a desperate bid to relocate him, Cath tweeted for the first time ever to appeal for help, using a recent photo of Frankfurter and the hashtags #lostteddy #findfrankfurter.

She wasn't expecting a swift response, but was delighted to discover that Leyna Russell, whose eight-year-old daughter Emily spotted Frankfurter on a bench at Edinburgh Waverley station, had posted a photo and handed him in to staff.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog