OT: Traffic modelling for junction

So its advisory then, just use it as before.

Reply to
dennis

Not if it is already occupied by a cyclist and how do I tell the other drivers:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

They should already know, or don't they understand road markings. The standard of driving is poor already and now they can't be bothered to read the signs or road markings.

Reply to
dennis

There are frequently so many signs, that no human being can possibly read and understand them all in the time available.

Reply to
Capitol

And that is so true.

Before speed cameras for example, one kept 'more or less' to speed limits and watched out for pedestrians.

After speed cameras one watches ones speedometer to the exclusion of the road.

So dangerous this has become that I now use cruise control to keep speeds legal so I don't have to watch the speedo.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I tend to rely on my GPS which mostly knows the speed limits and wibbles if I got more than a few mph over. It also goes wibble when it knows there's a camera.

Reply to
Tim Watts

You can get systems that give you an audible warning if you exceed the speed limit and some that allow you to set the level above the speed limit at which you get the audible warning too.

Reply to
john james

Yeah, but this is what came with the car

It is however astounding that driving has got to the point where the important thing is maintaining legality, not safety.

Every time have had a near miss or not a miss has been lack of concentration on the ROAD. Distraction by other things goinmgt on, or aftigue.

We are now being prosecuted for having converstaions with people in the car ...on hands free phones. Why are the people who put const5antly varying speed limits, road furniture and dozens of confusing signs everywhere not to mention chicanes and sleeping policemen, not also being prosecuted?

Legal compliance is not safe. Its dangerous.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You just can't drive.

You still can't drive.

Reply to
dennis

You aren't driving legally if you aren't driving safely.

Give it up you are too old to drive properly.

You can't cope with driving, give it up.

Well you aren't prosecuted for using hands free so its no different.

If you know anyone that has been prosecuted for using hands free then please tell us what else they were doing to be caught driving without due care.

Reply to
dennis

Are you an android or Superman. You appear to be near perfection!

Reply to
Capitol

There are no perfect drivers. TNP is blaming stuff that isn't the cause of his problems.

Reply to
dennis

That's what I hate about driving the XYL's automatic Astra. It's far easier to maintain a set speed without having to watch the speedo like a hawk when driving a manual.

Sadly, the XYL's Astra doesn't have cruise control. :-(

Reply to
Johny B Good

Dennis is the urban spaceman.....

Reply to