OT: Sod's Law

All sizes of screen have a place in the market.

The first Sony Bravia I bought had (and still has) a 26" screen, which sounded big enough to me until I had to slide the set back into the corner in order to avoid wasted space where a CRT used to protrude.

After a few months, I got a 40" unit for the living room, while the 26" screen was plenty big enough for the bedroom. I have considered buying a smaller unit again (prob s/h) to use for video editing.

Reply to
JNugent

I watch telly on a 14" laptop, in bed.

When I watch it at all...which is increasingly rarely. I've seen all the good old repeats, and all the new stuff is woke documentaries or woke 'soshul' drama. Or woke propaganda disguised as news.

Better stuff on you tube...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

snip for brevity

Years ago, when I lived in Michigan, USA, we moved into a house on an estate built in 1947. We had a 19" TV set, the house behind us, distant by the length of two gardens, was occupied by a bunch of student doctors. We could stand in our hallway, looking at our TV, tuned to the same channel as the doctors' (always some sports channel), and the image on their set was actually larger to our eyes than the one on our set.

Reply to
Davey

An unexpected feature of advanced years is an ability to enjoy re-watching/reading films or books already encountered.

Perhaps I'm a boring old fart after all.

Very handy for the *how to* stuff but otherwise I stay away from social media.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

You tube is a massive repository of old films , TV series and radio plays and audio books. And quite up to date thrillers and documentaries. Plus some pretty good science and maths shit. Basically its ten thousand channels of TV and in the end there is always

*something* worth watching or listening too.

I watched a 1970 film featuring an incredibly young Michael Caine in it last night.

"Too late, the Hero".

Quite good.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher