[OT] SMS from TPO to GiffGaff

Anyone else unable to text or call from TPO to GiffGaff?

Since the 17 May I've been unable to text The Lad, he's on GiffGaff (O2) and I'm on TPO (old 3G SIM so on EE). It's *only* me to him that fails for both text and voice. He can text/call me.

An Asda Mobile (who also use EE) can't text him either. He can text the Asda Mobile.

An TalkMobile (Vodafone) can text The Lad in both directions. I can text other numbers.

Failure is almost instant to a second or so, it's far quicker than a normal timeout.

TPO say it should be working, I've asked for the failure codes/reasons.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Could it be that lad has accidentally set the phone to block both those numbers somehow?

The Mrs did that on her old clockwork phone and a call to her CS determined there was nothing wrong with the network and it was likely something on her phone (and they were right).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

He might have mine but we can't find any entries in any blacklists. Until he did a test text to the Asda Mobile number earlier he didn't know it or have it in his contacts/messaging...

I suspect there is a EE to O2 network interconnect problem but somehow related to other factors, like the MVNO's, number porting,etc.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If you hit a problem like that with Vodafone, the magic phrase is to ask them to report it as a network fault. The snag is the Vodafone retail support staff don't get access to do that (or have no clue what a network fault is), so you have to do it through a corporate support contract. Corporate support were happy to do that even for my personal phone contract, but you can't get access to them in the first place unless you also have a corporate phone contract.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Funny I thought my namesake company used 02 in any case, sounds like an 02 misconfiguration to me. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The snag is neither of the MVNO's involved let you talk to anyone, it's all email.

And yes, one needs to be able to talk to someone who knows how the system works and can see the log entries and thus the failure codes/reasons and probably know how to fix it and has the access to do so.

Far too many "and"s in there for it to ever happen, so stuck with "customer services".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There's "customer services" and then there's "customer services as the first stage in the formal complaints process" - after which you can take it to the second stage and deal with their complaints team who may just possibly be different.

Reply to
Robin