OT "Saver" bashed tins

charles expressed precisely :

They got them from the BBC lol

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

We have a winner!

Or dropped while being stacked on the shelves.

I doubt the metal could be made much thinnner than it is on the premium brands, although I'm open to correction.

Reply to
John Williamson

Still available from the factory shop at Cadbury World.

Reply to
John Williamson

I suspect that Saver tins are delivered shrink wrapped on a pallet. No cardboard trays or anything. Absolutely minimal packaging to keep costs down. Branded stuff will be in trays of 12 or 24.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The saver tomatoes etc are shipped on shrinkwrapped cardboard trays of 64 or

96 or whatever because they sell large volumes of them, while the branded ones are shipped in trays of 24 because there's umpteen different versions so the turnover of any given type is lower. The larger trays have less rigidity and are heavier so easier to drop.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

There are also sometimes bulging tins on the shelves. Doesnt mean you can eat them without harm!

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It probably isn't a good idea to eat the tins.

Unless you're anaemic.

:-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine