OT: Reservoir overflows

fwiw:

The company I worked for installed the automated lubrication system before the station went operational. It was eerie being in the cavern knowing the reservoir was above you.

Reply to
rbowman

It's ok, they're wearing hardhats, that'll protect them :-)

Actually those things are dangerous!

Commander Kinsey

Fuck off Hucker.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

What's the matter sir? Can you not answer my question? You're an engineer are you not?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Plenty do have a sort of bridge over the spillway and there arent a lot of dams that have an access road for maintenance vehicles over the top of the dam wall.

Yes, it would be stupid to have a tall tunnel in the middle of nowhere, no point in the extra cost of the longer tunnel to the dam wall although some dams do have an old bypass tunnel that was used to divert the water past the dam during the construction of the dam itself.

Reply to
Steven

Doesn't work too well when its your own boat.

Reply to
Steven