OT Rant at hearing aid company

The regulars here might remember me posting a plea for help over the behaviour of my hearing aids,some weeks ago. Might also remember my promisie to inform the NG once I had contacted the company concerned, a Registered company in Switzerland with off shoots here in the U.K called Phonak.

Here's the reply.

"Thank you for your enquiry.

Our mission at Phonak is to change the lives of as many people with hearing loss as possible, and we achieve this by creating and supplying ground-breaking hearing technology to Hearing Care Professionals on a wholesale basis. We provide full product training and support to Audiologists and Hearing Centres to ensure they are up to date with the latest technology and able to answer all of your questions. We would therefore request that in the first instance you kindly direct your enquiry to the person or company from whom you purchased your hearing instruments and aftercare package.

If your audiologist is unable to answer your questions, they can contact us directly and we will offer further support and training to them.

Kind Regards, Phonak"

What is it that is so disturbing for a company to contact a user, a member of the public. Are they afraid of contamination of some sort. So that's the answer to my problem. The Audiologist at Treliske Hospital in Cornwall, has about as much chance of contacting Phonack in her ultra busy day as I have of speaking to the Prime Minister. What a bunch of weasels . Peter

Reply to
Peter James

Try moaning at them over Twitter/X. Some companies are much more responsive to Twitter posts, especially if they’re public posts rather than private messages.

I’d try a private twitter message first though.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'm not sure they are refusing to deal with the public. Their web site invites contact for support at

OTOH I'm sure there are lots of audiologists who would be pissed off if their clients dealt directly with Phonack and f***ed up their settings.

I don't know how you contacted Phonack but if it was a general email address it might be worth your setting out your Bluetooth issue using the support link above.

Reply to
Robin

Not unusual all over the world. I doubt very much that your query ever got to the tech folk who design the product at all. This is a problem with many other product if you have a specific problem. Even Apple tend to not get back to blind or hearing loss users, although they do eventually fix the bugs, you would think that actually contacting the users might make things easier to fix. I've forgotten what your original query was now. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I tried Phonak hearing aids a while ago but found that one of them kept dropping the Bluetooth link to my (Android) phone so needed reconnecting many times per day. Contacting Phonak got the same response as you got and my audiologist wasn't able to do anything so I ditched the trial and sent them back for a refund. Mr Google suggests that it's not uncommon for Phonak (and maybe other) aids to have issues with BT connectivity to Android devices.

Reply to
nothanks

Isn't that the norm for BlueTooth! ;-}

Reply to
Chris Green

I don't seem to have problems with Phonak and my iPhone

Reply to
charles