OT: New nuclear fuel find announced.

Kwaqsi Kwarteng has announced £75m to be bid for by companies able to secure a UK nuclear fuel change. Finally, the gummint seems to be serious..

"Announcing the launch of the Nuclear Fuel Fund, Business and Energy Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng said: "We've got big plans to boost British nuclear power, so it makes perfect sense to ensure we have a strong, resilient, domestic fuel supply chain to match. This funding will kickstart projects in the UK and generate private investment in facilities that will fuel the nuclear reactors of today and tomorrow, shoring up our energy security while creating jobs."

Up to GBP75 million in grants will be awarded to support the development costs of investments into new nuclear fuel capabilities in the UK, supporting a range of reactor types and sizes, including small and advanced modular reactors. The Nuclear Fuel Fund will also support companies to access new markets both domestically and internationally, and preserve and create skills and knowhow in parts of the country – with the sector having a large presence in the Northwest."

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Your heading got me going for a minute! Have they discovered a new deposit of pitchblende down here? Are they going to re-open the mines in my area that produced it over a century ago, or what?

But I see it was just your usual finger trouble. :-)

Reply to
Chris Hogg