OT: New National Grid Exec Director looks to Smart Grid to balance renewables output

Normal cycle alternates between rotating the drum slowly and pausing to tumble the wash, I use a cool synthetic was for most things and a hot cotton wash for towels, and never have a problem with the machine getting mould or smells or whatever.

I'd never used wool mode before, until I noticed non-iron shirts suggest being washed on wool mode, so I did. It turns out the wool cycle rotates drum very briskly non-stop, no doubt to "pin" the load against the drum and stop it stretching etc.

However the brisk rotation manages to dislodge *so* much fluff from between the inner and outer drum it absolutely coated the shirts ... I tried running several full or empty washes, boil wash, with or without washing machine cleaner and/or detergent, probably 10 washes in total and I could *not* stop the wool cycle from dislodging this fluff - hence I just won't use it again.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sounds like that's why it uses something approaching a slow spin for the wool wash, it just gets forced through shallow water at the bottom of the drum each rotation, but doesn't agitate.

Reply to
Andy Burns

ote:

there is a dearth of electricity.

he price up, people will use less. It's so simple a mosquito could underst and it.

Exactly so. Smart people will be able to save a fortune.

Reply to
harry

It will redistribute energy usage to suit availability.

Reply to
harry

Well, you soon learn to accept that limitation. However, I suspect you'll land up playing "Whose ghost is this?" with the more distinctively styled quotage. :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

I would expect most of us in this news group would do most things the occidental way (with the obvious exclusion of first generation oriental immigrants). :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

On Thu, 01 Sep 2016 19:00:03 +0100, harry w= rote:

ote:

when there is a dearth of electricity.

ut the price up, people will use less. It's so simple a mosquito could = understand it.

I can't think of much electricity usage in my home which can be used at = any time. It needs to be used when I want it. Unless I bought a huge b= ank of batteries.

-- =

Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. After marriage, th= e 'Y' becomes silent.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

ote:

te:

hen there is a dearth of electricity.

t the price up, people will use less. It's so simple a mosquito could unde rstand it.

ny time. It needs to be used when I want it. Unless I bought a huge bank of batteries.

'Y' becomes silent.

You're clearly not much of a thinker.

Reply to
harry

Exactly, which is why I would invite the new executive Director to do the maths.

Reply to
bert

Build nukes and we CAN supply enough energy.

Not compared to what they pay now. They will only "save" compared to those who will pay the higher price.

Reply to
bert

Wool is not a synthetic.

Reply to
bert

You have qualifications in the bleeding obvious as well as BS I see.

Reply to
dennis

Subtlety is wasted on you.

Reply to