OT: Meldrew moment

If Kent's still the Garden of England, Medway is the compost heap.

Reply to
Adrian

Why do you need a receipt for any length of time?

If you're reconciling your transactions to that level of detail, you ought to be doing the same for cash. Expenses claims will need reciepts for cash and card.

OTOH you could look at your card and see one lunch bought per day - any discrepancy will show out from regular payments. Or even keep track as you go.

Reply to
Clive George

Oh, I suppose a side lobe for Wye if you insist! :-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

If it works. I had an experience recently where 3 out of 4 car park payment machines went on the blink at the same time at midnight. The 4th one would not take notes (note reader broken) and the card reader didn't work. It would only accept change and I had to really scrape around to get enough to get the ticket to get the car out of the car park. As the queue was 80 people long, I was very unpopular.

Reply to
Capitol

How far is "a bit" ? Far as Wye?

Reply to
Tim Streater

No one sends me a statement with each day's cash deduction from my bank account (It comes in one lump sum when I get 200 quid from the bank machine)

I wasn't talking about work expenses

And you then get into a panic when something strange shows up.

I know I do

tim

Reply to
tim.....

To put this into context, which particular geographical paradise do you inhabit?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Marches.

Reply to
Adrian

"The Marches LEP includes the unitary council areas of Herefordshire, Shropshire and Telford... "

Oops!

tim

Reply to
tim.....

The Local Enterprise Partnership...?

The area known as "The Marches" includes bits of two of those areas, as well as bits of other areas, but certainly not all of 'em.

The area might be a lot larger than the Medway Towns, but the population's probably lower.

Really? Why?

Reply to
Adrian

cos Telford makes Medway look nice

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I wouldn't know. I've never been to Telford - and I certainly wouldn't call it part of the Marches.

Chatham is a lot nearer to Knightsbridge, geographically, than I am to Telford.

Reply to
Adrian

Will you please stop this nonsense! All this chat about the south is bringing back too many bad memories. I'll have nightmares tonight about ignorant people, filthy water, terrible accents, horrible roads, lousy hotels ......... the list is endless.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

You'd ha' been in serious trubble otherwise, I can tell you :-)

Reply to
Tim Streater

The Telford Premier Inn is quite nice and handy for IronBridge.

But it is not actually in Telford...

Reply to
Tim Watts

And then you came down South......

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , tim..... writes

I don't bother worrying about the smaller transactions, and I can usually remember the other ones when I check anyway, though tend to keep the receipts for a little bit. But I tend to check my accounts at least once a week online so would spot something significant amiss and I can still remember the transactions (most spending is in the same places) , unlike checking it weeks later with paper statements

Yes there can be erroneous transactions, I've had a couple of double payments over the years, and a fraudulent transaction that wasn't picked up by the banks systems, but I spotted those anyway without reciepts.

But on the off chance of once of these every 10 years isn't worth the effort of worrying about every £3.79 in the local tesco

Reply to
Chris French

Tim Watts put finger to keyboard:

Don't let any true Brightonians hear you say that!

Reply to
Scion

Based on previous experience of trying to drive through TW, the roads make a nice carpark!

Reply to
John Rumm

Or charge a card premium, as shops are now allowed to do...

Reply to
John Rumm