[OT] Maplin discounted rechargeables - any good?

I think you'll find that the 15 min refers to the charger, rather than the batteries being charged.

Although the 15 min chargers that I know still take about 50 mins to charge a set of 2300mAh cells.

Reply to
Roly

Charge and discharge a few times to condition them.

Best Regards, Alex.

Reply to
Alex Butcher

ty for the reassurance.

Reply to
Jackie Green

Allegedly. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

ss.

Reply to
Synapse Syndrome

If I'd have seen the fecking word 'lifestyle' once more on that page, I would have had a major "Psycho Moment [tm]".

Reply to
Dr Teeth

I have an aversion to UniRoss cells. TBH, other than that, brand isn't important to me.

Cost is not always directly correlated to quality.

Reply to
Dr Teeth

I used one to feed a 1 amp filament on a vacuum tube. Completely failed to do so - fell straight down to 0.3 volts. Simply could not do it. So I'd suggest that you use them for light loads only. Andy

Reply to
Eusebius

Indeed, I've no experience of them but was going by all the positive comments on the moneysavingexpert web forums. I added the seller to my favourites for future purchases after reading about them there.

Reply to
Cullen Skink

Never seen that site before. Where do I start looking there for info about batteries? Seems to be all about finance!

Reply to
WM

Lot's of consumer related topics.

Reply to
Cullen Skink

Amp quite a lot out of single AA cell, but ni-cad might be better choice for high current application.

If you really wanna know ;-)

Adam Aglionby