[OT] Maplin discounted rechargeables - any good?

Maplin is currently selling its own brand rechargeable batteries at half price:

four 2000mAh NiMH AA cells at an offer price of £3.99

Is this a good price?

What sort of quality is Maplin's own brand NiMH batteries?

Does anyone know who makes them for Maplin?

Reply to
WM

If it's their silver & red Vanson (?) ones, I've had some that leaked ~ they went straight in the bin

Reply to
MPJ

it's the green ones. I just bought a dozen.

Reply to
Jackie Green

I have had some silver and red ones for several years, work fine

Reply to
me

For the price they are you can't complain even if they do leak after a while. At ful price £14-99 for a dozen, they are probably cheaper than single use alkalines, and when they're on offer at £9-99 they're a bargain!

Reply to
Minty

I've got both and they seem to be identical except that they've now branded them Maplin instead on Vanson.

Reply to
Minty

TBH i've never had rechargeables before so i wont know if they're good or not,lol.

Reply to
Jackie Green

I'll stick with ....

and their 2300mAH UniRoss types. I've had some for two or more years with no probs.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

I agree. Good battery that actually seems to *really* last the 2300mAH length.

Buy cheap crap, you get cheap crap.

Odie

Reply to
Odie Ferrous

It seems 7dayshop also do 2600mAh ones. (but they are not as good as the v.b.n. 2600mAh ones ???) £6.99 / pack of 4

Extract from the website......

"Pack of 4 x 2600 mAh super high capacity rechargeable AA (LR6) batteries." " These are one of the very best capacity Ni-Mh batteries available today, excepting the very brand new 2600 mAh !!"

Confused ? - so am I.

Reply to
Fishman

I get all my rechargeables from 7-Day-Shop

Reply to
Bob Martin

I suppose that depends on the value of the equipment in which they leak ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I think the silver/red ones are NiCd as opposed to NiMH.

Reply to
WM

Anyone know of some reasonable 15min (uniross sprint ) rechargable batteries?

Reply to
geewhizza

Seen these which are coming on the market?

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial WIMBORNE
Wessex Dorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W
[snip]

Was this during charging, use, or whilst on the shelf? What kind of charger do you use - smart (with temperature monitoring? fan? -delta V? independent channels?) or dumb timed/untimed?

Best Regards, Alex.

Reply to
Alex Butcher

Ebay seller itl-e has an excellent rep in another forum I read and has 4x AA 2500mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries at £3.99 plus .85p P&P. The batteries are supposed to be excellent.

Reply to
Cullen Skink

uniross dumb charger, 2 cells per channel ~ they leaked from the base whilst on the shelf after about a dozen cycles.

Reply to
MPJ

I had 4 uniross 2300mAh bought on a deal, didn't open the packet for a year, charged them up, didn't work! not much of a deal :-(

Reply to
BigBrian

They work fine.

Reply to