OT: Man killed by I-phone

The Natural Philosopher scribbled

Time you got your own newsgroup - how about

alt.turnip.talks.bollocks

Reply to
Jonno

Hmm! a hundred amps through a milliohm battery isn't going to heat that much.

I bet you have all the balancing kit, etc for your batteries.

Reply to
dennis

except the batteries are not milliohm

A well worked pack generally comes out of the plane 60-70C and gets a cool down before recharge

I never did.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

?It was like putting it into a fire, but much slower," Mr Fuguet added.

With 'evidence' like that, I wouldn?t believe a word a fool like Fuguet said myself.

Reply to
Hilo Black

You said LiPo.

Not hot then.

Reply to
dennis

I'm also surprised at this. Given batteries are destroyed by charging whilst either hot, or cold, I would have thought this would have been part of the charging circuit.

It could be that the charging circuit had indeed turned off, but the phone continued to function, drawing power from the battery and heating up.

Reply to
Fredxxx

I can't be the only person that uses a laptop/notebook on a bed. It is very easy to block the vents.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I certainly do and I know at least one other person who does.

I was very careful to check speaker and vent locations on my latest laptop..

In fact for a cheap piece of consumer crap its very good apart from the screen LCD which is almost unusable. Very low contrast very shiny, very low viewing angle.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A CRT iMac was never classed as a laptop. I think the idea of a laptop was that you could put it on 'top' of your 'lap' and not be too uncomforatable. Where as a CRT iMac was classed as a desktop where you put it on top of your desk. CRT imac.

whisky-dave