OT: Laundry symbols

I used a tram in Brussels once. More than enough

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I distinctly remember the great shower of sparks as they crossed from one set of power lines to another, and the conductor getting off and pulling the guide wires to reconnect the pantographs again when they disconnected.

Reply to
Davey

I don't think the detergent dried out the leather noticeably, it seemed as soft as it had been before it was messed up, just properly clean.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Must be almost 40 years since I went there.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

I used to ride them every week, on the way to and from the school playing fields.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

Trams ran through my village from 1899 to 1935 (Horndean to Cosham). When I moved here in 1969 there were still many remnants.

Reply to
Bob Martin

That's the tram museum at Crich. When I went, I happened to see a tram with a destination board of Oakwood, so I took a photo of it and sent it to my mum - it made her day because she could remember that tram (well, that make and livery, maybe not that exact registration number!) because she used the service frequently before she got married, to travel to/from the centre of Leeds.

Reply to
NY

Strictly speaking they are trolley bars, not pantographs (hence the name).

Reply to
Max Demian

The charity shop sometimes does worry about it:-)

A couple of BBC articles for you to read

When I get rid of old work clothes or bedding etc that I thought had no value I discovered that the our local charity shop will take it as rags

- and they get money for that without having to sort it.

So it might be worth checking if there is a charity shop near you that does the same for the stuff you might just bin.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARW

We used to have emergency lights that said EXIT - now we have a picture of a human legging to towards a door with an arrow.

Reply to
ARW

"Deer Hunt in this Direction?

Reply to
Davey

I took my kids in 2009. They made a call home to my wife using the only Button A, Button B phone still on the phone network while we were there.

Reply to
SteveW

Run faster, that archer nearly got you!

Reply to
alan_m

alan_m snipped-for-privacy@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote

No point in running after the arrow even when its a very obese arrow.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not so.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Missed that one. Would you be able to repeat it? Sounds intriguing.

Reply to
NY

It was just before I got married. She had a dildo with a remote control that altered the speed - however this was back in 1999 and the remote was hard wired a via multicore cable to the dildo.

Well the cable broke and needed a soldering job to repair it just as it entered the dildo. I had a soldering iron but needed a bench vice to hold the dildo still for this delicate job.

Not a problem, my parents have a bench vice in their garage so we went round to fix the dildo.

At my parents and said I needed the vice to do some soldering. Off we went into the garage, clamped the dildo into the vice and plugged the soldering iron in to warm up.

Whilst it was warming up things got very hot and I started to shag the fiance who was sat on the edge of the bench next to the soldering iron and vice.

The next thing the garage door opened up and my Dad walked in and said

"Your Mum wants to know if you want a cup of tea"

He took one look and then said

"I'll tell her no"

He turned around and walked out but as the door was shutting he turned around again and said

"Adam, there are some small steps hung up on the wall over there - stand on them - the bench is too high to do it properly"

Reply to
ARW

I missed that one first time around too ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

There speaks the voice of experience - one of those "oops, I shouldn't have said that" moments on your dad's part. :-)

Reply to
NY