OT: Kill-files

Experience on this group has shown that posts with 100s of lines of un-snipped quoting usually end in a insult or a two word reply. I don't think I miss anything.

Reply to
alan_m

you have to be dead to be a saint.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Dead on Earth but living in Heaven, seems to be the what's required.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I went to a coffee shop called 'St Mocha' yesterday with a mate. He announced he had never heard of St Mocha. I don't think he was joking either :-)

Reply to
Scott

whatever happend to larry graysons side-kick, Isla St Clair

Reply to
whisky-dave

I particularly wondered about the ones that rhyme with sealer. At first, I thought they were a sophisticated algorithm ! Now I realise they are not.

Reply to
Scott

Right click on the afflicted thread and select ignore thread from the drop down menu.

Killfiling a troll only stops you seeing their OPs leaving you with a thread titled Re: whatever. ignoring these headless threads neatly solves the problem. Just deleting such boring threads doesn't stop further replies accumulating so using the ignore option is the best way to deal with it.

HTH

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Wrong

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher -- anagram

****************** Shoot the purple rain, Hal! ******************
Reply to
davidp

Sometimes it can be useful NOT to killfile somebody.

I haven't put harry into my killfile, for example, because I know I won't be in the slightest bit interested in one of his never ending quotes.

If I see a thread started by harry, I just mark the entire thread as read, which gets rid of all the replies as well as the original moronic quote.

If I open any reply to any thread and can't see the start of the reply before I get to the bottom of the screen, I mark it as read and move on, on the basis that, if someone can't be bothered to trim the original post down and leave only the pertinent points they are responding to, I can't be bothered to read it!

Reply to
Terry Casey

Have you tried Johnny's suggestion in *Pan*?

(behaviour may not be the same as in Thunderbird)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes you just need to look at where the link takes you in order to guess what it's about, auch as braitfart and ninjawatch or whatever.

Yes it's very tempting to do that. But you'll miss such classica when he says all muslims think the same or look the same , well I find it amusing anyway, it's like when I watch my cat chase it's own tail.

That sort of thing worries me it's like deleting the evidence from a post hoping no one will know what;s gone before. I usually notice this from peole whose only skill is spelling and grammar. One recent thread like this is where I said we don't have wild dogs in the UK, so to prove me worng a poerson has claimed we have wild wood pigeons what this hase to do with dogs I don't know. Then went on about feral dogs in greece and wild dogs in Africa but in the UK we don't have either.

The next stage will be that poster saying we have wild rice in the UK, or another will same I'm wrong because they have no idea what the new york times is.

Reply to
whisky-dave