OT(ish) - signing back of credit card

This one could be Adam's :-)

Adrian Caspersz

Certainly not as many as the bigger stores today, but it was a full-sized supermarket with a quite extensive range - far bigger than the Tesco or Sainsburys Local shops of today.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I don't remember any stores that didn't have every item labelled with the price. The labels were applied with a special applicator and had cuts in them so you couldn't swap them with a product with a different price. The idea of just labelling the shelves with the price only came in with bar codes AIR. What store was it?

Reply to
Max Demian

I can't ask her at the moment, she is asleep, having spent the weekend in hospital undergoing tests after an emergency admission. I know it became Somerfield, but I can't remember what it was before that. I have a recollection of Hanburys, but think that that was the other one further down the road. I shall find out when I can.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I would guess at International Stores.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I hope she is well soon, as I am sure we all do.

Reply to
Scott

Thank you.

She has rheumatoid arthritis and is on a couple of very nasty drugs to damp down the immune response that attacks the joints, lungs, heart, etc. - they are basically the same drugs that are used in chemotherapoy, but a lower dose and for life and they leave her wiped out and feeling rotten. We don't know if it is a late reaction to one of the drugs or whether she has another condition, but she has blacked out and collapsed twice now, with a gap in her memory. The various scans and tests over the weekend showed nothing, other than an elevated heart rate. She has now been discharged, but has further tests to undergo and they are currently leaning towards a heart problem, although I suspect one of the drugs - there are a numbe of cases online of reactions occuring months later, although most are soon after starting them.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Any likelihood of blood clotting e.g. from DVT?

Reply to
Andy Burns

No, they have checked and her clotting is normal. Plus the head and chest scans would (I presume) have revealed such.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

After mum blacked out, paramedic ECG indicated right bundle branch block and an MRI confirmed clots in her lungs had travelled from leg, unfortunately it was too late in her case and she didn't last the night.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sorry to hear that.

In my wife's case, such a clot would have to have travelled to heart/lungs or brain to cause a problem and that clearly hadn't happened.

She had an ECG in the ambulance, 3 more in hospital and then was on a monitor overnight. The only thing showing was an elevated heart rate (116 to 122 bpm).

As it happens, the meds she is on can affect the lungs in the long term, so she had x-rays and lung function tests a few days before this second blackout and that was fine.

The next step is for her to wear an ECG recorder for 24 hours as she goes about her normal day. She is also to be refererred to a neurologist, in case it is a form of epilepsy. That can run in families and although there is no history in her family, our son (15) has recently been diagnosed. He may be a one off or it may be that she has had a problem all along and the meds have lowered her threshold, triggering it. However his have been full tonic clonic seizures (grand mal) and being left wiped out for 24 hours, whereas she has simply blacked out, without a fit and had no memory of shortly before or after the event.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker