OT: how to remove ib.adnxs from AOL client

A friend uses the AOL client (about which, I know nothing) for email and has started getting a barrage of advertising windows which open continuously - they seem to be from ib.adnxs. This doesn't happen when accessing AOL mail via FF. MSE and Malwarebytes scans haven't solved the problem.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of ib.adnxs? For interest: does AOL use IE or it's own browser, and is there any advantage to using the AOL client rather than the web interface?

Reply to
no_spam

Checkout this site.

If you substitute "computer with AOL software" for "Saniflow" you'll get the general drift of the correct course of action.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

:-) that's nicely written. Unfortunately I don't think ditching AOL is an option in this case

Reply to
no_spam

No idea. I have no experience of AOL

Reply to
soup

Plenty of suggestions here:

Chris Hogg

I did not realise they were still in business they have been bought and sold so often.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Have a look at things with hijack this its on the trend site. Its free. It shows quite often extra entries that can download spam adverts. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

AFAIK, AOL uses IE.

(My Mother is on AOL. All attempts to get her to move have failed.)

Reply to
Huge