OT: How to game a petition part II

Same as my sytem exceptt they wrote a script and used a network of proxy servers to anonymise IP source addresses.

72,000 over a weekend.

When will remoaners wake up to the fact that it's big money and organisation behind the remain vote, and that they have been lied to, and that they really didnt know what they were voting for?

They ought to know what they are voting for now as the dreadful corruption hypocrisy and downright lies of the remain campaign and its supporters is revealed every day.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So a pro Brexit agency says they have done something and you believe it hook line and sinker? You believe they posted 72,000 signatures and that constitutes that the petition was gamed to any valid extent?

Why couldn't the same pro Brexit have gamed any of the Pro Brexit petitions (not that any got anything like the same number of signatures).

What part of only 1/3rd of the fundamentally politically and worldly ignorant UK electorate voting for something they had no idea how it might turn out do you think compares with the similar number who specifically voted to retain the status quo (however that may evolve, but at lest they weren't gambling as much with other people lives, often for their own personal reasons) because it *is* more of a known than the alternative?

Every day the whole Brexit farce limps on bleeding and dying (and costing us a fortune in all sorts of way), more and more people are seeing it for what it is, a white elephant, brought into a playground by a tiny bunch of irresponsible gambling nutters.

I have no issue with us leaving the EU, but only / if it is shown

*beyond reasonable doubt* that it *will* be a 'good thing' for 'most people'.

So far that simply hasn't got even close.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

But we still don't know if they have cancelled those votes as part of the additional security that they say they have that you don't know about.

We already know you can write a bot to do the vote but that's only the easy bit.

We also know the leave petition was gamed and they cancelled a lot of votes on that when the security was checked.

Stop clutching at straws and accept that more people vote to stay than to leave in these petitions.

Reply to
dennis

To be fair, they did get a few 100,000 out on a march...

Reply to
Tim Watts

There's probably no way to show that for anything governments do ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Might there not be a political (or even a moral) virtue in being part of the EU regardless of whether it is in our short or medium term economic interests? I must say I don't look at the question as primarily one of economic advantage, more as a political one. Certainly some of the more nationalistic Brexiteers are more concerned about the politics of nationalism than whether Brexit is profitable. Both campaigns concentrated entirely on the economic interests largely out of contempt for the electorate, and lack of respect for any political or moral opinions the mass of people might hold.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Only by results.

No one likes bad medicine but many realise they have to take some now and again as it's likely to be good for them. As soon as it's show it's not good for them they don't want it any more.

'Most people' haven't made such a decision re our membership of the EU. 'Most people' (as seen from a non fanatic black / white left brainers POV of course <g>) didn't vote to leave the EU and the government (= most people who make it up) are very aware of that.

Government is made of MP's and they have a duty to ensure we don't hurt ourselves.

The outcome therefore (if they do and are allowed to do their job, and they are more likely to keep their jobs if they keep us happy) is that we all end up better off (even if compared with not being worse off etc).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I never said that all the petition entries were fraudulent. I'd guess 200k or so are genuine.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That the likes of TNP / harry will insist were synths / clones / bussed in from the EU ...

Denial and not keeping an open mind comes with fanaticism I'm afraid. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Absolutely. There is far more to it than the cash but few will be happy if they are worse off (in or out of the EU).

Mine is an 'all over' thing. The freedom to move around the EU without boarders, our trade with them, our common support in / with / against the ROTW etc etc.

Indeed they are ... but I wonder how many are so are on the breadline?

Ermm, in general yes but the Leave campaign did concentrate on hitting peoples fears or where they are most vulnerable, like the NHS or Turks BS.

I really can't see 'most people' not voting for something that is likely to make them better off, be it financially or otherwise and the reason most people didn't vote to leave (of the electorate, let alone the population and 'then') is because it wasn't obvious it would make most people happier.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

And we're still waiting to hear about this "additional security" that you bleat about with monotonous regularity.

Reply to
Tim Streater
<snip>

It's not just me though is it Jimmy boy and that's why we haven't left yet.

We haven't because it's pretty obvious that not enough people are confident it's not going to make most of us better off (in real tangible ways) and so what's the point doing it?

Brexit, the answer to the question only a few (fanatical / racist) people were asking.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

But never how much it cost in terms of pollutin and infratsructire..

Europe is a shrinking and incerasingly unimportant market. The point is we wont have to conform to their standards to prioduce for the global and home mrkets - much larger,

No idea what point you are making. Ther is a political vaccuum that will be filled by some party that peopole feel they *can* vote for

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Because they aren't votes so they don't care.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Have you noticed the title of the thread? So yes, it was me.

Correct, I signed the petition.

No, I signed the petition?

I agree with that bit. But then you are a gambler so it makes sense why you would be confused.

See above.

Get well soon.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

How doesa that work with plecebos, in a real experiment some people found the 'magic pills' did help them with back pain and yet when told they were plecebos, they carried on taking them.

Most peolpe ?, most of the people that voted to join or remain in the EU have retired now and a lot of them are dead.

Where did you get that idea from ?

and a lot of peole don't think the govenr,enmt are doing that job you describe as not hurting ourselves. Are we hurting ourselves by drinking cheap coffee and filling the oceans with plastic, are we really hurting ourselves by charging students to go to uni. so they cna work in fastfood joints. Are we hurting ourselves by opening those fastfood chains. Are we hurting ourselves by not having affordable housing ?

Since the late 80s we have been told everything is better for the country. While wages decrease and poverty increases, which also seems to be linked with violence, crime drink and drug abuse, which is also linked to overcrowding since roman times. But don't worry the more people that come to the country the better it is for........

Reply to
whisky-dave

The reason we haven;t left is because the leader for Brexit want us to remain and so does around 50% of parliment. Whether or not they are right I don't know, but we do know the reason why we haven't left yet.

Reply to
whisky-dave

There is a political virtue in *not* being in the EU, and yes, this is primarily a political question.

Get back to me when there is an EU not designed by and for snouters, and where it's possible, as TNP says, to sack the executive and replace it with another.

And there's nothing wrong with being nationalistic. Of course, people have been brainwashed against that in the UK, but most people in most other countries are nationalistic - that is, they are proud to belong to the nation they belong to, and proud of it.

There've been several Aussies on the media over the recent months expressing astonishment that we are not more proud of our country and ourselves and wondering why it is that when the EU says jump we ask how high.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You will wait forever as I have no intention of telling you any possible ways of doing it. So do as I said and ask the government if you really want to know. I suspect you don't and are just trying to deny there is any.

How do you suppose they cancelled thousands of votes in the leave petition if they didn't do checks after the votes?

You are just like TNP clinging on to beliefs that just don't stand up to inspection.

Reply to
dennis

Yawn. I'm a remainer but it does not make me rich or a bad person. Still the royal baby will be along soon to divert public attention from Brexit. I hear Mrs May has asked Megan to Oblige. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff