OT: Help with identifying flags

1st hit when you google for "fist flag of england" [images]
Reply to
ARWadsworth

Could be something like this:

Theo Markettos

Sorry couldn't resists - but no link to a pic of the flags seen here.

Reply to
dave

Aren't the rules such that flags have to be on a vertical pole, otherwise it counts as advertising?

Whitehall used to have loads of horizontal flag poles on the public buildings, but they all seem to have gone.

Reply to
Terry Fields

That would be illogical. It would be just as easy for McDonalds to fly a McDonalds flag from vertical pole as a horizontal one.

Note: It being illogical does not preclude it being true.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

That was the case at one time, but it is no longer a requirement under The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Title: Red Clenched Fist Description: The Clenched Fist is perhaps the strongest Loyalist emblem in existence. It is very often seen on Loyalist Paramilitary murals, and is often depicted with barbed wire surrounding it, which is the official symbol of the Loyalist Prisoner's Aid group. The fist surrounded by barbed wire is also symbolises protest against the British establishment highlighting the fact that they believe their only crime was loyalty.

Reply to
HappyHunter

In message , James Noble writes

Thanks for all the suggestions but it appears that the flags are unidentifiable and I cannot provide pictures as he has taken them down. The good news, that I found out yesterday, is that he is being evicted for failing to pay his mortgage and I'm not surprised as he hasn't done a day's work in years!

Reply to
James Noble

But will, of course, be the fault of others. Probably blamed on immigrants.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)