OT - Gridwatch - coal giving its all?

Or let the browser draw its own images using canvas or svg, so many ways to skin it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

By some oversight you seem to have snipped the line

"The zoom function on the browser helps, of course, just kinda wishing. "

from my response before advising me to use the zoom function in my browser.

Please keep up at the back.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

How would that work for IE4 customers ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That doesn't increase resolution if the image is already shown at the original resolution.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Oh. Yes. My apologies. Must be the wine! ;-)

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Always and always an acceptable explanation. :-)

Red or white?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Ah!

Thanks for that.

Just tried it in Chrome and it works a treat.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

On this occasion, a nondescript white, but I prefer red. My current favourite in that direction is Valpolicella Amarone, although V. Ripasso is a good second.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Still on gridwatch but a thread hijack.

I have looked at "gridwatch" a few times over the last few years, but am not a daily visitor.

For my most recent visit my google search for gridwatch search brought up

which did not look at all familiar.

Further research reveals that the familiar

(which I believe had been developed by a regular contributor to this group - Indeed I have even submitted a bug report here many many months ago)

is still active.

Out of idle curiosity are these both by the same developer, If so is there any real difference as to which site is accessed?

(apologies if this has been done to death on this group but if it has I clearly missed the thread)

Reply to
Chris B

This is a copy by some deadbeat or other ...

... of this one, developed by TNP of this parish.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Thts is a vanity site by an inferior coder

Thats my site.

Also

and thanks to a fan, also [www.]gridwatch.org.uk

No. gridwatch.co.uk is a me-too copy by Mark Stolworthy. Its buggy and has no archived data, and has adverts.

  If so is

Yes.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks. In that case I will stick with the familiar

and make a bookmark, rather than use google to search for it.

Reply to
Chris B

As mentioned will also take you to TNP's gridwatch ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

It seems ungratefully picky to point out that you have recalibrated the dial but not updated the numbers.

Ah! Just did a + Reload and it now looks right. :-)

Daily demand has been high. Pushing near 50 for most of the day.

All we need now is for the wind to drop and the sky to cloud over and we are in that hypothetical winter state of the middle of the day with high demand, no wind and no solar.

There still looks to be plenty of headroom, though.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Which is a more appropriate domain anyway, as TNP is (presumably) not a company.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Actually I am.

And as of now, receiving donation income via the website

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher