OT - Gridwatch - coal giving its all?

Oh dear. 22:30 and solar power on gridwatch is displayed as 0.0GW

Exactly as it should.

What was it the man said 'why would I lie'

Why indeed?

Reply to
Tjoepstil

Not lying. It's currently showing "19MW (0.1%)"

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It's currently *showing* 19MW FFS!!!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Weird. I'm still seeing "0.019GW (0.1%)" to be more precise (this is on the home page of the site, not something on any deeper level, btw).

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Nope. I've taken a Firefox screen snapshot of it. If someone who doesn't hate my guts posts their email address, I'll send it to them.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

webmaster address is on gridwatch site

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No. it isnt

HYDRO is showing 19MW. Not solar

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, it isnt, on any machines here including a mobile phone. HYDRO is showing 19MW.

Hydroelectric power: The UK has no major hydroelectric power stations, but a collection of smaller ones, mainly in Scotland, that provide very useful power (if it's rained recently!). There would be a little more, but many stations deliberately reduce output to get the best renewable subsidy rates. Hydro 0.19GW(0.64%) Biomass: These power stations are either (parts of) old coal plants that have been converted to run on imported timber - e.g. Drax 2

- thus enabling them to qualify as 'renewable' and gain subsidies thereby, or purpose built biomass burners like Stevens Croft (40MW) built to use sawmill waste. Biomass 1.42GW(4.77%) Solar PV: As no solar PV to date is metered centrally, we cannot show accurate real time figures on solar PV power. Estimated power (data provided by Sheffield University) is shown here. There is good evidence from the lack of decrease in recorded demand at midday to suppose this is somewhat overestimated, however. Solar 0.00GW(0.00%)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is fun following the conversation.

It seems a shame to spoil it by pointing out that there are two gridwatch sites and that the one showing 19MW isn't TNP's.

Reply to
Henry

You can't be.

The code that produces the number is this

$solar=sprintf("%0.2f",$results[15]/1000);

That means no more than two decimal places.

And as you can see by looking that's what is shown.

0.19GW for hydro and 0.00GW for solar

OH !!!!

You are not looking at my site!

You are looking at that me-too site by the wanker mark tolsworthy.

GRIDWATCH.CO.UK

Not GRIDWATCH.TEMPLAR.CO.UK

Which is mine...

Yes, it does say that, which shows how much of a crap coder as well as a copycat he is

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nope. Solar: second large one in from the RHS between wind and nuclear and *still* showing 19MW at the time of posting this! Gimme your email addy and I'll email you a screen shot of it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Hang on a minute. I'm viewing gridwatch.co.uk but someone has said that's a different gridwatch to yours! WTF?? What is the url for your site if it's not gridwatch.co.uk?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I've been having blue skies for weeks, where the f*ck do you live?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

If the greenies would f*ck off and die we could just use whatever was cheapest whenever we need it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Then it's wrong. Is it pitch black outside? If not, you're getting solar.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

gridwatch.templar.co.uk

The oher site is a pale and later imitation

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yer browser is confused.

Reply to
Richard

No, we've since established there are two different Gridwatch sites with very similar addresses and I was looking at the one nobody else was!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Oh bad luck old bean old fruit old stick old son old man old chap old boy.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Wikipedia almost has it right

But using the transmission entry capacity register you can get a more definitive figure

As of 22nd Feb 2018 it is 14102MW (less 532MW for unit 1 at Fiddlers Ferry that had an anciliary services business contract which does not require TEC) Less

396MW for Lynemouth (undergoing Biomass conversion) So it's a net 13174MW of 'coal'

Use the TEC registry info with care as some of the generation is embedded or like Lynemouth it has not relinquished its 'Coal' TEC during the period of biomass converion

Reply to
The Other Mike