OT Good quality ark kits, where please?

That shop from Open All Hours... you know, Arkwright's... :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Yebbut the downside is that you can't eat it, unlike chips.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I am happy that I started this thread, it was well worth Geoff's contribution. LOL

Reply to
Broadback

I'm sure the Scoutmaster is used to prying his way into places that are not supposed to be entered. It's in the training isn't it?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Flooding is nature's way of telling the council which drains need hoovering out...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I noticed a lot of the trees that had been blown over were the trees left after the edge trees had been cut down for building site clearance, many years ago. As a result, the root systems of these remaining trees had never been developed enough to resist stormy weather and blow-over was inevitable. The edge trees, that no longer existed, were a lot stronger under the ground. They provided protection to the rest.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It's 25th September, and we've had almost a month's worth of rain so far this month!

JGH

Reply to
jgh

Golly.

Rain comes in lumps?

How strange.

I always thought it was a uniform drizzle throughout the year!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Our 4 local reservoirs (Bewl, Darwell, Powdermill and Weir Wood) are way above normal levels:

you look at Bewl, April-August you can see it is constantly filling, not emptying as it usually does.

Because there is a couple of weeks delay on the graph, you can mentally add an uptick onto the end of the red line because it's been pissiing it down for a week!

Reply to
Tim Watts

There's a new theory (at least I only saw it on Horizon/iplayer yesterday) that says that it may have been the case that most of the Earth's water came from ice asteroids (that's new) and comets crashing into it...

Lumpy enough?

Reply to
Tim Watts

That will do nicely sir.

I bet one of them would set off a new ice age allright.

Have you seen that apparently they have discovered where the other half of the galaxy's mass is? a million degree cloud of dust and gas....

The Natural Philosopher

djc

Sea Scouts?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I got my front gulley sucked last Thursday.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

There's no answer to that.

Reply to
Capn Nemo

Was it your birthday?

Reply to
The Other Mike

Oh there's a surprise, I always assumed you was a bloke.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I think they're all at it, trying to cross infinite voids using a couple of barrels, planks and a length of rope. Maybe someone was looking for an extra bit of reality?

Reply to
fred

Durty sod. Your mind is in the gutter.

Reply to