OT Futuristic train video

I think tuis thing would come unstuck in strong winds.

Reply to
harry

Lots of pretty graphics, very little basic engineering sense.

Trains & aeroplanes werec rossed in the 1930s. The results were rather predictable, a stupid waste of energy.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Wouldn't the taxi leaving the car park have been blown away by the downdraught from the giant helicopter?

Reply to
alan_m

Wonder what they plan to do if lift fails?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Nice piece of animation, especially the totty getting off the escalator at 0:50.

But very, very, silly.

Reply to
Huge

BTW, saw a Boeing Tiltrotor for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Didn't know there were any in the UK.

Reply to
Huge

I would definitely travel on that if the wimin were as good as shown on the simulation.

Reply to
simon mitchelmore

yup. Mind you they look a bit plastic.

So, the 'hovertrolley' or, how to waste energy keeping a train off the rails when on the rails is simply better

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Huge scribbled

I'd not get too close to one, they have a habit of falling out of the sky.

Reply to
Jonno

yes, silly idea. And the shape is an aerodynamic fail.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Half empty car parks ,two lane Motorway that isn't really busy and lots of spare seats on the vehicle. Wouldn't make financial sense either.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Designed by a green lefty artist, not an engineer.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I was struck by the superfluous detail given to the power take-off dolly when everything else is hand-wavy nebulous.

Now this is a railway...

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Exactly my thinking. It was going away from us, I wasn't that bothered.

OTOH, we get a lot of Chinooks round here; they're no better.

Reply to
Huge

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk scribbled

How old would that taxi be ?

Reply to
Jonno

Its an aeroplane (trolley plane after trolley bus?) really, it just needs wires to get the nuke electricity to it.

You couldn't put one on rails, just look at how wide they would need to be.

Points and passing trains would be a problem as would alternate airports.

Reply to
dennis

Nah, no need for wires, use ultraviolet lasers to ionise the air. What could possibly go wrong?

Not to mention bridges.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Wat happens if there's a power failure? Oh, it just falls over!

Reply to
harry

And tunnels.

Reply to
Bob Martin

No, the gyros will keep spinning for many tens of minutes, allowing props to be lowered if necessary. Even if one gyro should fail, the other will provide stability for plenty long enough.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo